Upcoming LIFEbeat trainings in Somerset
LIFEbeat RSHE (Relationships, Sex and Health Education) Course 2019/2020
- Group 1, 20 – 21 November 2019, 4 March 2020 & 29 April 2020 (Sold out)
- Group 2, 13-14 November 2019, 11 March 2020 & 22 April 2020 (Sold out)
LIFEbeat Creative Practice at Kilve Court – 2-3 March
Our RSHE Delivery work
As the chosen provider, LIFEbeat has designed and delivered a “Train the Trainer” RSHE CPD programme which develops the skills, confidence and experience to enable teachers and support staff to deliver high-quality RSHE sessions within their school communities. The delivery also covers on-going advice and support, including mentoring of delegates in schools, developing online RSHE teaching resources and materials and developing a RSHE learning network for professionals delivering RSHE locally.
Based on LIFEbeat’s signature programmes and The Creative Community Model, we have trained participants in creative facilitation skills using different arts-based practices such as poetry, visual arts, dance, movement, theatre and creative writing to explore various RSHE themes. As a result of this training, participants have left the course with:
- A comprehensive overview of RSHE topics and an increased level of personal ease in delivering classes on these topics.
- Strategies for promoting their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of staff and colleagues within their community.
- Increased emotional literacy and the skills to hold deeper level conversations with colleagues and students focusing on life issues and experiences.
- A tool-box of creative facilitation techniques and the confidence to use them.
- Lesson plans for immediate use in the classroom.
- A comprehensive overview of Safeguarding and Child Protection guidelines in relation to their RSHE work.
- A broad strategy for their own school community and a strategy focused on how to embed the RSHE values and practices into the culture of their school.
- An ongoing, supportive learning network of professional colleagues.
LIFEbeat Wellbeing Teacher Training
The LIFEbeat Teacher Training offers a holistic model of wellbeing and provides trainees with the skills and confidence to use it as an ongoing motivational guide for colleagues and pupils. During their training, course delegates also create their own self-care wellbeing plans