Know a young person who will be aged 14-18 this summer?
We welcome applications from parents, individuals, schools and youth-serving organisations. If you are a school or youth-serving organisation who would like to find out more about referring a group of young people to camp, please email Kitty@LIFEbeat.co.uk for more information.
Applying to attend a LIFEbeat summer camp is quick and easy. Here’s what you need to know:
The application process is kept as simple as possible. To apply for LIFEbeat camps, simply:
- Download the application form from or email info@LIFEbeat.co.uk to request an application form
- Print off the application form
- Fill out the application form
- Ensure that you have appropriate signatures in both the parent and guardian section of the form, and the signature of the young person attending. Your form will not be valid without both of these signatures
- Send the application form to LIFEbeat, 3 Space, Keetons Road, SE16 4EE
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis
- You will receive confirmation of your camp place as soon as your application has been processed
- A few weeks before camp you will receive a welcome pack including full details of arrivals, departures, what you need to bring and what to expect at camp
How Are Spaces Allocated?
Spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you are keen to attend a LIFEbeat camp, please fill out your application form as quickly as possible. LIFEbeat exercise an equal opportunities policy and will accept all applications as equal.
Please be aware that LIFEbeat camps fill up very quickly. If the camps are full you will be added to a waiting list.
The full cost of a space on a LIFEbeat camp is £500 per young person.
LIIFEbeat is a registered charity. We have never turned a young person away based on financial means. A £50 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place. A camp donation of between £50 – £500 is suggested, which includes 7 nights camping, all meals, activities and equipment and bus transfer to and from London.
LIFEbeat are pleased to offer bursary spaces to ensure that everyone is able to attend a camp. As a charity, we do our best to fundraise for young people’s spaces where possible, but funding is limited. We offer bursary spaces based on the following criteria:
We are able to offer bursary spaces to any young person who:
- Is in care
- Is a care-leaver
- Is receiving support under the immigration or asylum act
- Is on disability allowance (but is still able to attend camps)
We are also able to consider discretionary bursaries for all those who are:
- On Pupil Premium or receiving free school meals
- In a family with total income below £25,000
- Unable to attend the camps if no bursary is given
For bursary applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning Young People
At LIFEbeat, we invite young people to return to our summer camps year after year until they graduate at the age of 18.
Returning young people are asked to work towards acting as a role model for the rest of the community. As role models, any breaking of non-negotiable rules will result in immediately being sent home.
As a first step, returnees are asked to fill out a returnee application form. This is a short application form that asks returnees to think about what they want to gain from returning to camps.
Returning young people are also asked to make an effort raise funds towards the cost of their space on camp. We ask that they raise at least £50 towards the cost of their space.
Due to insurance and child safety policies, we are unable to accept any young person who will not be aged 14-18 at the time of attending camps. Young people must have had their 14th birthday before arriving at LIFEbeat camp and should be no older than 18 at the time of leaving camp.
We look forward to welcoming your young people to LIFEbeat camps!
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email info@LIFEbeat.co.uk.